Friday, December 31, 2004

Back for more

We're home. 2,000+ miles in 7 days. From OKC to Omaha to OKC to San Antonio to OKC. Over 32 hours in a vehicle. I think I'll stay home for a while now.

There is much to write about, but I don't feel like sitting at this keyboard typing for an hour, so I'll break it into smaller chunks to help you digest.

San Antonio is a first class town. Other than the horrible result of the football game, I have not had a better time at a bowl game or just a vacation in general. No problem parking downtown on game day, and no more expensive than in OKC. Only a 30 minute wait at Tony Romas for a mid-afternoon meal. No line for the Riverwalk canal ride. No waiting to get into the Alamodome. I'm telling you, I know a lot of other cities that need to go learn how to handle large crowds from San Antonio, because they took care of around 60,000 in attendance for the game better than I have ever seen. Heck, we didn't even have much of a wait driving out of the parking garage and onto I-35 after the game.

The game.....ugh. I haven't seen us come out so flat all year. Poor coaching, poor playing. Guys, when #7 Ginn lines up at quarterback, everyone on the defense should know he's going to run with the ball. So, why did he keep getting 15 yards a pop? And why does V-Mo only touch the ball 8 times? I know we wanted to open up the playbook, but he's the 8th leading rusher in the country. Give the boy a chance to break one. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he went pro instead of coming back for his senior year.

We won't even talk about the Gonzaga basketball game here....

Enough ranting for now. My next posts will be about the rest of our trip. Stay tuned.

No comments: