Sunday, December 12, 2004

Simple Pleasures

Isn't it the simple things in life that are the best? For example, right now I am enjoying having a clean dryer vent. That's right, a clean dryer vent has made me happy this week. I was doing some laundry on Monday evening and emptied the lint trap like I do before every load. But, for some strange reason, I decided it was time to give it a complete cleaning. 45 minutes later, God could have breathed the breath of life into my lint pile and created a friend for my 17 lb. maine coon cat. I unhooked the hose from the back of the dryer, shoved my vacuum in there and sucked out as much as I could. Amazing. What possessed me to do such a thing? I guess it was the story on the news a few days before about a dryer setting someone's house on fire. I'd rather not go down that route, so I cleaned my dryer vent. And guess what? Magically, my clothes dry in about half the time they used to. I'm still getting used to that. When I started typing this, I had just put a load in the dryer. Now it's time to go see if they're done yet.

Oh, yeah. One of these days soon it will be time to clean that vacuum......

1 comment:

Truth Be Told said...

Shane, thank you so much for the idea on cleaning the dryer vent. I have really been worrying about the risk for fire. My husband most definitely does NOT. So...I think it will be just me by my lonesome pulling the dryer away from the wall (after my husband leaves. Maybe- I will change the vacuum bag BEFORE i do it then I can show him the results which will prove it needed doing. Not to say my husband is difficult...but can you tell me where did you find a seminar on dealing with difficult people? I enjoyed your blog. keep it up.