I haven't done any lists like this yet, so here's one:
1) What were you doing 10 years ago?
Nearing completion of my undergraduate studies at Oklahoma State University. Oh, yeah, I was engaged to this girl from Nebraska, too, so we were doing some wedding planning.
2) 5 years ago?
Pretty much the same thing I'm doing now. Construction by day, and helping with the worship ministry at church in my free time. Although, to be more specific, the year 2001 was a very. very difficult year for me in many ways. The loss of my 3 remaining grandparents, all of the tension around the premature birth of my twin nephews, and a major work project crises just about sent me to the funny farm (and it wasn't funny).
3) 1 year ago?
Having oral surgery and starting this whole mouth reconstruction thing.
4) Five snacks you enjoy:
2. Vegetable Thins
4. Chips and Salsa
5. Ice Cream
5) Five songs I know by heart but wish I didn’t:
1. Pump Up the Jam (Who was that group? I can't remember...)
2. Sorry, this subject has me stumped...
6) Five things I would do with a LOT of money:
1. Donate at least 20% (but I'm pretty particular who I donate to)
2. Pay off my house (OK, I'd probably just buy a different one)
3. Save for later
4. Help out my family with debts
5. Be on my guard against all kinds of greed - A man's life DOES NOT consist of the abundance of his possessions.
7) Five things I would never wear:
1. Reebok (I'm a Nike guy)
2. Lee (made fun of for wearing Lee jeans as a kid)
3. Anything with OU on it
4. Hick Wear (primarily cowboy boots). As the title of this blog indicates, I am not that kind of Cowboy.
5. A Speedo
8) Five things I should never have worn:
1. Those HUGE glasses in the early 90's.
2. My Royals baseball uniform to school as a child (my sister will give an AMEN to that one)
3. Those Sooners jersies I had as a kid...
4. Socks pulled up to my knees as a kid
5. Boxers as outerwear
9) Five things I enjoy doing:
1. Planning and leading worship
2. Arranging music
3. Playing sports (basketball, softball, tennis)
4. Watching sports
5. Chillin' on the couch with my wife or my cat
10) Five bad habits of mine:
1. Hitting snooze one more time...
2. Buying clothes, clothes, and more clothes
3. Missing opportunities to be Jesus in this world
4. Spending too much time on the computer
5. Failing to keep in touch with old friends