Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Mediocre, Overrated

I promise no whining about OSU football.

I promise a lot of gloating about OU's collapse.

On the way to San Antonio, once we got south of Fort Worth we started noticing an unusual number of fireworks stands. Such an unusual number that we decided we needed to keep a count on the way home. As we left Thursday morning, I guessed we would see 15. Alice guessed 19. Alice was right on.

Thinking about those fireworks stands reminds me of OU's championship dreams going up in smoke last night.....

I'm glad we chose to drive to San Antonio. The outlet mall shopping along the route was superb. We've been to the outlets in Gainsville several times, but had no idea there were a lot more in Hillsboro and San Marcos. In fact, San Marcos has a Prime Outlet and Tanger Outlet right next to each other. We're talking a mile of outlet shopping. That's enough to make some men shiver, but not this man.

OU didn't play like men at all last night.

My mother-in-law gave me a Nike polar fleece scarf for Christmas. I think it may have been my favorite gift to receive this year (no offense intended to anyone else who gave me something). Who would have thought that a guy would like a scarf so much? But you wouldn't believe how much of a difference it makes in keeping me warm. And, of course, I am a Nike hoarder, so that made it even better.

But that USC win last night was a pretty good Christmas gift, too.

My sister puts a teaspoon of vinegar in her 3 1/2 year old boys' mouths when they say things they shouldn't. I don't think I had heard of that type of discipline before. Oddly enough, we were talking to an old friend we met up with in San Antonio and she does the same thing for her 4 or 5 year old boy. In fact, she carries some in a squirt bottle in her purse for a little correction factor when they are away from home. What a neat idea. But, does it really taste that bad? I put vinegar on my sandwiches at Subway all the time.

I bet that Orange Bowl left a bad taste in those poor Sooner fans mouths. Maybe they shouldn't have been so cocky before the game.

By the way, the words to the OU fight song are the title of this post. So, why do they keep playing it over and over and over?

No comments: