I visited a Rheumatologist today. My second round of blood tests came back negative, so they've ruled out Lyme Disease, Lupus, Gout, and Rheumatic Fever. They took round 3 of blood today, checking for Mono and some other things I can't recall.
The doctor seems to think that most likely my body is fighting some sort of bacteria or virus, and that it may take 2 or 3 months to work its way out of my system. Until then, I will remain on anti-inflammatories and be limited in my physical abilities. Certainly not the lifestyle I am accustomed to.
In other news, my car felt sorry for me, so it went to the car hospital (repair shop) and racked up a $3,000 engine and bearing repair bill for me this week. Isn't that a sweet show of support and sympathy? I'll be sure to give it a hug when it comes home. And a swift kick in the backside.
Wait. That would probably hurt my foot more than the car...