Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mourn with those who mourn

I'm mourning with my friend John Dobbs today. I can't imagine the pain of losing your 18 year old son.

There was a murder last night a block north of the Memorial Drive church building last night as well. A security guard lost his life.

I just read that Steven Curtis Chapman's 2 year old daughter was killed today, accidentally run over by her brother.

This on the heels of Sunday's news of Eric Noah-Wilson's cousin's suicide and sister's attempted suicide.

Today has truly been a day of mourning.

4 comments:

Linda L said...

I think it is during times like this that we have to pray for God's peace otherwise we would drive ourselves crazy trying to understand why these things happen. My spirit has been asking God to be with ALL of those facing tragedies. He is big enough to comfort all of those devastated by these events. I try to remember I don't need to know why these things happened, I just need to know HE can comfort all of those affected.

Brenda said...

The sad reality is...what we've heard about this week is only a glimpse of what is going on in the world. Pain is everywhere, everyday and we never know when it's out moment to experience tragedy, or stand by a friend, or pray for someone we don't know. There is just so much that happens that one could truly reflect on the negativity, sadness, and depression. It truly has been a week for that around here with our brothers and sisters.
I pray that all who are burdended find peace, comfort and rest in knowing that our Savior has a plan. One we can trust. Doesn't make it any easier, but in time, gives us comfort.
Have a blessed week friend!

preacherman said...

This post brings tears to my eyes.

preacherman said...

My the Dobbs family feel our presence in prayer.