Sunday, August 30, 2009

Resonating

These are the thoughts and lyrics resonating with me after our time together as a church family this weekend:

As a minister, I want to help people hang in there long enough to taste the lemonade God is making out of the lemons in their life. (Thanks, Craig, for this illustration!)

I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on...

How often do I live as if I am "spiritually disabled"...waiting on and expecting others to do everything for me? I can, and I can do. (Thanks again, Craig)

In need of grace...in need of love...in need of mercy raining down from high above

Did we really just have 568 guests from the community yesterday at the Back-to-School Blast? That's more than we have gather together on Sunday mornings. Wow!

Blessed be Your name in a land that is plentiful,
where Your streams of abundance flow

What a great time getting to know Tim & Kim Rush a little better at lunch today.

This is my daily bread...Your very Word spoken to me

How awesome of an event organizer is Jennifer Curtis? She made it look so easy...and always with a smile on her face!

You are the Everlasting God
You will not faint, You won't grow weary

So proud of my wife for sharing in class about her Jesus.calm experience in the midst of the storm of losing her Dad almost 20 years ago

What heights of love, what depths of peace
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease

What's resonating in your mind today after your worship experiences this week?

4 comments:

Norsemanrm said...

Shane,
What a powerful post!
Friend I can't even get my mind around all that is resonating in my mind and heart after the weekend.
Probably one of the most prominent is how very very proud I am of the Memorial family and how blown away I am that God gives us so much opportunity and our spirit eyes are seeing it more and more.
Love it!!!

Robin said...

I think I can safely say the general feeling in my family and me after worship yesterday was "overwhelmed by the new."

We're overwhelmed by the new opportunities, challenges, and blessings that our Eternal Father has set before us.

It's gonna be interesting. It's gonna be fun. It's gonna be a great adventure!

p.s. thanks for the welcome!

Brenda said...

For Me:
I love that my experiences of worship don't just happen at church on Sunday's, but happen all the time.
**This weekend started with me spending time with an incredible family who's lives inpire me to live more like Jesus daily and change my life for the better.
**I received a very encouraging phone call that left my heart soaring which made me instantly stop and thank God for all he's done in my life.
**God surprised me through an e-mail from a dear friend.....I realized I'm not ready for to give up on what he has planned for me.
"He's not finished with me yet"
**I struggle with a few things. But I am freely learning to live and love in His wisdom and grace and know that HE CHOSE ME......even when others don't. **When I need someone....he's always there. Nobody will ever be able to give me what He gives me and He will not let me down.
He is EVERLASTING! When others grow weary of me, He never will. :o) That makes my heart smile.

Terry Rush said...

Super wording, my friend. You are a great leader because you really do know the One who really is leading.

Proud of you....

...and I love you today!