Sunday, January 09, 2005

One of those weeks

I have a very busy week in front of me. Since I'm sure you're dying to know what a busy week is for me, here's how it's supposed to go:

Sunday: AM worship (including rehearsal at 8:00), lunch worship planning team meeting (until mid-afternoon), go to work (catching up on paperwork - bleh!). Home around 9:00 p.m.

Monday: On top of my normal work load, I am trying to finalize the purchase of a new company vehicle this week (Yipee!!). Hopefully by the end of the day on Tuesday I'll be driving a new GMC Yukon or Chevrolet Tahoe. Monday evening I hope to play basketball at the church building - not sure if this is going to happen or not, though. I need to get back in shape before this new basketball league starts or I'm gonna be hurtin'.

Tuesday: Fortunately no 7:00 a.m. staff meeting this week. Normal work day (other than the vehicle stuff). By the way, a "normal work day" to me is about 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. I hope to catch the Heritage Hall vs. Casady boys basketball game Tuesday evening at 8:00 (the first game I'll get to attend in the HH gym I built). If I don't make it to that game, I'll be home watching the OSU vs. Missouri game on TV. Alice has a baby shower to attend, so I'm on my own either way.

Wednesday: This is always the busiest day of the week for me. I meet with my boss at 8:00 a.m. every Wednesday, which means I always have to go in early to get ready for that. Our weekly OC construction meetings are from 2:30 - 4:30 every Wednesday. Worship Team rehearsal is at 7:00.

Thursday: Normal work day, and the one evening this week that is semi-free. I'll spend it practicing for Friday evening's chore...

Friday: Normal work day. I hope to visit some of my job sites either Thursday or Friday - it will depend on the weather. Friday evening will be spent in the recording studio laying down the first tracks for our next Quail Springs Worship Team CD. So, pray for the health of us singers this week so we can be productive. I'll be pouring down the water and vitamin C all week. I'll also be missing out on my normal Friday evening activity which is basketball practice for my 3rd grade YMCA team.

Saturday: YMCA basketball game sometime in the morning (I haven't heard when just yet). I'm sure OSU plays sometime on Saturday - you can be sure I'll be in front of my 53" for it. The rest of my time will be spent preparing to teach the Sunday morning college bible class the next day.

Somewhere the week I've got to squeeze in a haircut, and possibly get started on an arrangment for the group to sing on January 23.

Whew! I'm tired just thinking about all of that. Better get a good night's rest before diving in tomorrow morning.

No comments: